Is Dungeon Keeper Making a Return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
The first Dungeon Keeper was one of my favorite games at the time. I'd used to love to release a Horned Reaper inside enemies give him a slap and watch him go berserk..

G

anyway i can get the old one to run on vista? I'd even play it in a vm machine if i could.

shotgunpadre

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
in Dungeon Keeper 2's video area, there was a dungeon keeper 3 intro which involved outside the world. Centuries past since then, so even former bullfrog geniuses may forgotten that. I simply wish for possession spell. I don't care the rest :)

martel80

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
[citation][nom]trife122[/nom]anyway i can get the old one to run on vista? I'd even play it in a vm machine if i could.[/citation]
www.dosbox.com

Ridik876

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
"Electronic Arts may be reviving the Dungeon Keeper series in retaliation to Blizzard's upcoming sci-fi themed RTS, StarCraft II."

Is it just me, or is StarCraft II referenced as if readers have likely not heard of it?

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
[citation][nom]joeman42[/nom]I just want them to revive Magic Carpet. The volcano spell is still a sight to behold.[/citation]

Bullfrog were perhaps the best developers of the late 80's early 90's, rule Britannia! I too would love to see Magic Carpet remade, it was one of the first games I bought for the Sega Saturn and it gave me hours of fun.

Now don't hold your breath waiting for another Dungeon Keeper, EA have been renewing old patents left, right and centre recently - Wing Commander, Theme Park and Populous have all been renewed but that doesn't automatically translate into a reboot of those franchises.

Now if I thought EA were going to reboot those franchises it would make my year, it would be as if god of gaming has answered my prayers and is giving all of my old favourite titles a make over and reboot. So far this year it's been announced Thief 4 is in the works and work on Elite 4 has finally started. Add to that a possiable remake of Lucasarts classics of X-Wing/Tie Fighter, Aliens Vs Predator 3 (due Q1 next year) the success remake of Monkey Island and the small possibility of new Wing Commander and other classic Bullfrog titles 2009 is turning out to be a good year!

urlsen

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2007
I have been playing dk2 in win 7 ultimate for a while now(got the developers edition :)) and it works just fine. also played alot in vista with only small crash problems once and a while...

But the "New" patch 1,7 has gotten 1024 resolution...and a new creature :) so its not quite dead plus there is a mp lan edition out...

Love tha game just get ur finger out and make the threequil

decepticon

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Dungeon Keeper and DKII were very good games! I loved the ability to go into 1st person perspective on any of your units to take control of them and battle with your other minions. DKIII was canceled unfortunately, so the DK series only spanned 2 games....not 3.

decepticon

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Dungeon Keeper and DKII were very good games! I loved the ability to go into 1st person perspective on any of your units to take control of them and battle with your other minions. DKIII was canceled unfortunately, so the DK series only spanned 2 games....not 3.

h83

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
I hope they make a sequel to this game!!! The first DK was so funny! I loved the torture chambers specially!

I hope they also make a sequel to one of the best action games ever made: Syndicate!!! The time i´ve spent playing it on Amiga!!!

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
Great Game! Very fun... I can still here "The gods are pleased with your sacrifice!" and "This is not a wishing well" whenever you tossed something into the sacrificial chamber.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
Oh man - DK was one of my all-time favorite waste-of-time games! I would dig out crazy dungeons and kill those pesky "heroes" who tried to ruin them.

Aw man - if they made a new one with a DX10 or DX11 engine, I'd be pre-ordering right now.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
I never played any previous Dungeon Keeper titles but always wanted to try them. If they do decide to release a new one maybe I will have to finally give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.