[SOLVED] Is EK-CryoFuel Clear necessary?

drjackool

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2013
Hi
I planning to buy a open loop water cooler like EKWB Liquid 240, but my question is for the liquid is simple water enough or needs EK-CryoFuel Clear?

If we using without it whats happens?

My current cooler is CoolerMaster ML240L
Thanks

Solution
If you wan't to use the PC for over long period of time like 3Yrs + I recommend getting Koolance Liquid Coolant. Been using for years most reliable and long lasting without any problem. You can use distilled water(not simple water never do that) but the probability of it lasting over long period of time is not very high and requires more maintenance as you will have o refill the loop 2-3times(in worst cases 4-5Times) in 3Yrs.
If you wan't to use the PC for over long period of time like 3Yrs + I recommend getting Koolance Liquid Coolant. Been using for years most reliable and long lasting without any problem. You can use distilled water(not simple water never do that) but the probability of it lasting over long period of time is not very high and requires more maintenance as you will have o refill the loop 2-3times(in worst cases 4-5Times) in 3Yrs.

Solution

drjackool

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2013

Thanks, You say it just prevent the water from evaporation!?

I am new to open loop coolers! what is maintenance of them? if it is just refill i can do it!
My current cooler max temp is 56 when prime is working about 30 min.

The overall loss of liquid coolant in form of evaporation is minimal and not noticeable no matter what liquid you use unless there is leakage.

Koolance is better in a way that it prevents corrosion of the metals in the loop and mostly not effected by plastics and prevents microbial growth. This almost negates the requirement of refilling the loop or changing the coolant from time to time.

drjackool

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2013

Thanks. Can i use distilled water In pharmacies, it sells or must be Industrial distilled water?

If you plan on going with Koolance you won't be needing additional distilled water as they supply premixed containers. But if you go with plain distilled water no big difference. Pharma DW is better as is specially treated to prevent microbial growth so it will last you bit longer.

TRENDING THREADS