[SOLVED] Is Eneby aux stereo possible? And can i add a subwoofer to the system?

rdnje

Prominent
Apr 23, 2020
I am talking about the Ikea Eneby 12x12”

It says bluetooth stereo compatible, but nothing about aux.. And as i said, i would like to add a subwoofer to the mix.

So if i can use them in stereo aux, can i also add a subwoofer somehow?

If you know any alternatives to these speakers, please let me know. I am specifically interested in the design, bluetooth not required, and they can also be a lot more expensive

Please help, I know nothing about audio stuff, Thank you.

Solution

It says bluetooth stereo compatible, but nothing about aux.. And as i said, i would like to add a subwoofer to the mix.

If you know any alternatives to these speakers, please let me know. I am specifically interested in the design, bluetooth not required, and they can also be a lot more expensive

If you look at the documentation for the speaker it shows an "audio in" connection. It says that a 3.5mm stereo connection is possible.
The only way to add a subwoofer would be...
Did you email or call IKEA support to check on this? Although I doubt those speakers will be true stereo, but they will play both left and right on each speaker, but the sound will come from both of them. Adding a sub don't see how, the aux is an input not an output. Sonos has some nice design room speakers also, in fact some of the IKEA stuff is Sonos speakers in IKEA design.

rdnje

Prominent
Apr 23, 2020
Did you email or call IKEA support to…
Thank you for your reply. I haven´t emailed them, i didnt even think about that. Yeah I saw the sonos ikea speakers, i like them but i love the eneby design. Probably a dumb question but if aux is input what output does a stereo setup have to a sub?

Thank you for your reply. I haven´t emailed them, i didnt even think about that. Yeah I saw the sonos ikea speakers, i like them but i love the eneby design. Probably a dumb question but if aux is input what output does a stereo setup have to a sub?

Well there are dedicated sub outputs, but there are other ways to do that, depends on the sub being used, some have a line input that just uses an internet crossover or filter to keep only certain frequencies from being played by it.

kanewolf

Titan

If you look at the documentation for the speaker it shows an "audio in" connection. It says that a 3.5mm stereo connection is possible.
The only way to add a subwoofer would be BEFORE the 3.5mm audio input. So if you had a subwoofer that could take a full range (frequencies) input and provide a high pass filter line output, then you could do a subwoofer.

Solution