[SOLVED] is Eset internet Security good

Tac 25

Upstanding
Jul 25, 2021
Hi, antivirus question again. Simply asking opinion if this Eset Internet Security is good.

have already installed it on my two older pc's.. and planning to install it on the newest one.

have also enabled Eset Livegrid,

zipspyder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014
We use it for some of our 3rd party companies. It's cheap but doesn't have great detection rates compared to others. Take that for what it is worth.

Tac 25

Upstanding
Jul 25, 2021
adding a little more to the thread. About a week ago, when I was updating Genshin Impact.. at around 5 gb downloaded, ESET detected the update as potential threat. It blocked updating and I had to start over. Opened ESET and disabled Computer Protection and Internet Protection. After the update finished, turned on ESET again, it scanned Genshin.. thankfully, after auto consulting with it's database, ESET decided that the update as not a threat.

mrmike16

Honorable
Mar 10, 2016
I have lots of experience with ESET. It goes for the "better safe than sorry" method. I don't think that is a bad thing, and I have not yet seen them miss a threat.

Tac 25

Upstanding
Jul 25, 2021
sort of agree with that method as well. It would sometimes halt new programs, check Livegrid for info, then let the new program go through if there's no bad info about it. Eset seems to be using Livegrid as an extension of it's database - looks like ESET is stronger and more effective when I'm connected to the net.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY