Is every gtx 1060 the same?

shaddermic

Prominent
Aug 20, 2017
I have been thinking, should i get a galax gtx 1060 6g or asus gtx 1060 6g
I want to get asus 1060 but the galax is cheaper.

Solution
The basic chip is the same, yes - although some will be slightly better binned.

The differences you'll find will be in the cooling solution, factory overclocking or manual overclocking headroom. Not to mention different AIB partners are popular in different regions.

The biggest difference when it comes to "brand", I've found, is recognition. ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte etc are much more well-known, so to gain some market share, AIB partners like Galax, PNY, Zotac (all to different degrees) have to compete from a price standpoint.

I'd see no issues opting for a Galax 1060.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The basic chip is the same, yes - although some will be slightly better binned.

The differences you'll find will be in the cooling solution, factory overclocking or manual overclocking headroom. Not to mention different AIB partners are popular in different regions.

The biggest difference when it comes to "brand", I've found, is recognition. ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte etc are much more well-known, so to gain some market share, AIB partners like Galax, PNY, Zotac (all to different degrees) have to compete from a price standpoint.

I'd see no issues opting for a Galax 1060.

Solution
They are all the same other than mild overclocks, that frankly don't really add that much performance. Some brands may carry a better warranty than others, though frankly it's been a long time since I've heard GPUs just up and dying right when the warranty ends.

I think really you are just buying off of price and visual aesthetics.