Is EVGA SuperNova G2 750w really that loud?

Molda_22

Reputable
Mar 20, 2015
Hi,

i am currently building new gaming rig and i have a question about PSU. I am thinking that i should take either EVGA SuperNova G2 750w or Seasonic S12-II 620w.
Both are great PSUs, but from what i've gathered, the EVGA is even better.
But....there is a problem. I've read on several places and different opinions and reviews, that the G2 PSU is very loud.
So i would like to ask those of you, who have personal experience with them, if its really that big of a problem?
Or perhaps you have another good suggestion for which PSU should i choose?
( The rig will be something along the lines of i7 4790k, GTX 970 or 980, 16GB ram)
Thanks a lot.

The EVGA SuperNova G2 750W is vastly superior to the Seasonic S12-II 620W.

The Seasonic S12-II 620W is based on the older group regulated circuit topology. Its voltage regulation suffers the drawbacks of that old design making it not Intel Haswell Processor Ready.

The EVGA SuperNova G2 750W is based on modern DC to DC converters and is Intel Haswell Processor Ready. Its voltage regulation and electrical noise and ripple suppression are much better as well as being more efficient. The PSU's cooling fan doesn't turn on until you draw more than 300 Watts from the PSU.

Molda_22

Reputable
Mar 20, 2015
Thanks a lot for the response, but what about the noise levels? It is a great PSU, but there are other great PSUs and if this one is as loud as some people say, then i could snatch perhaps some other tier 1 PSU. So can somebody clarify this to me? thanks again.

Molda_22

Reputable
Mar 20, 2015

I have no experience with any of them, so i cannot really figure out what that means for me. Is it loud? Quiet? Is it worth getting silent case with it, because if some component is loud, then you don't have to bother getting silent case, because it will still be loud. etc.

Thanks, so it's probably not that bad as people claim on the internet. I guess only solution is to buy it and see for myself.