Is existing PSU okay for GTX 1060?

Solution
your PSU will do just fine don't worry

the problem is that your CPU is a little slow for that GPU, you're gonna have some bottlenecking.

I'm not sure what your future plan is for your build, but here are 2 suggestions.

if you're gonna be upgrading, I guess gtx1060 is good way to go because you'll have a GPU that's "up there" lets say. But, currently you should be overclocking your 6300 to keep up with the 1060, which still may not be enough in some games that are cpu heavy. This does not mean that you cannot use the 1060, it just means your card will not be as good as it could be lets say. The overclock on CPU will ensure best use of your card, although it's not a solution.

If you are keeping this system for a while, you could...

gussrtk

Honorable
your PSU will do just fine don't worry

the problem is that your CPU is a little slow for that GPU, you're gonna have some bottlenecking.

I'm not sure what your future plan is for your build, but here are 2 suggestions.

if you're gonna be upgrading, I guess gtx1060 is good way to go because you'll have a GPU that's "up there" lets say. But, currently you should be overclocking your 6300 to keep up with the 1060, which still may not be enough in some games that are cpu heavy. This does not mean that you cannot use the 1060, it just means your card will not be as good as it could be lets say. The overclock on CPU will ensure best use of your card, although it's not a solution.

If you are keeping this system for a while, you could explore RX480, it's quite a bit cheaper, leaving your pocket a little fuller and if you don't have an SSD you could spend the difference on the SSD drive to make your system faster :). although RX480 will also be bottlenecked, it's more of why spend on 1060 if you cannot use full potential, while there is the 480 which you still can't use it to the fullest but at least you will have a great graphics card.

both choices require overclock on CPU (recommended)

Solution