[SOLVED] Is Foxin's 800w PSU good enough?

Mr.Stork

Reputable
Mar 24, 2019
I have an 800w PSU of Foxin, now Idk is it capable of outputting full 800w. I don't think it is, but at least 700w? I calculated the required power in outervision website. For my full detailed specs and the calculated stuff here's the link: https://outervision.com/b/IJLrfd.

I might use the OC Scanner in MSI Afterburner. But I don't wanna damage my GPU, I bought it yesterday. So, maybe do OC later? Idk, if oc voids warranty of Ventus, which is one of MSI's brand.

Thanks!

Ehh, are you sure you're going to overclocking your GPU that much (as listed in the PSU calculator link)? That's the powerhungry part in your build, though it's normal do draw like 125-130W for your graphics card.

I can't find any specs on your PSU (maybe list the brand and model name), but judging from how the Foxin PSU's look, they're not rated for 800W continuous load.

DSzymborski

Titan
700W? This isn't even specced to do more than 400W on the +12V rail (you're not going to squeeze out the theoretical maximum of 440W). $14 in US equivalent in India and a single 6+2 PCIE? I'd be shocked if this stayed within ATX specs at 300W. Overclocking, of course, is right out; this thing shouldn't be used under any circumstances.

Do not buy this PSU. If you've bought this PSU, return it. If you can't return it, find a recycling center so that nobody can accidentally use it.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

Mr.Stork

Reputable
Mar 24, 2019
Ehh, are you sure you're going to overclocking your GPU that much (as listed in the PSU calculator link)? That's the powerhungry part in your build, though it's normal do draw like 125-130W for your graphics card.

I can't find any specs on your PSU (maybe list the brand and model name), but judging from how the Foxin PSU's look, they're not rated for 800W continuous load.
I won't be overvolting, I just tested the worst situation. I just wanna know does setting the power limit to 100% means overvolting? View: https://imgur.com/a/SIJ9eRC