Question is from motherbord, or GPU is dead ??

Jul 11, 2022
The strange things started since I updated the bios, the name of the board and the graphics cards I will put it at the end

after we talk, I updated the bios because I wanted to update my processor because it is a bit old
First of all, I just think the BIOS update is the cause of the problems, but I'm not sure, so I came here to make sure of that. I hope find an answer.
I hope you have the patience to hear my full story :)
=======================
I have a graphics card from Amd. Let's call it "first-gpu" It has been working with me for 3 years and it works perfectly.
Shortly after I updated the BIOS, I was surprised that my HDD got "bad sector"
A few days later I opened my PC and started using Windows as usual, I wasn't using my graphics card hard mean not pressure, then I was just browsing my files two minutes later, the screen turned all white.
When I saw this, I unplugged the PC from the electricity and remove cable and waited 4 minutes and then connected it to electricity again, surprisingly the PC is not working, one bulb is flashing and the second one is not working, both are green color
like this

91-W54j3SjChh8IdlHsSzw.jpg

and for a period of about 5 seconds, I heard the sound of all the computer fans as if it were a jet taking off from the runway, then I noticed that the graphic card had a problem,
I took the graphic card out of the PC and put it in a box. I will not hope that this card will work again,
After I took off the card, I turn the PC and press power button, the light now turned red and the PC only "Beep"-"Beep"-"Beep", I removed the battery from the motherboard and waited 5 minutes
like this

-qGPC2_RTyCW7UR9fRjfOw.jpg

I put the battery in, and the PC is working now but Windows won't boot, after several failed attempts, I decided to take off some RAM
I had 4GB of RAM, after many attempts, I removed RAMs and put it and tried to boot Windows, the last time I booted, but only with 2GB, and it seems that the other RAM was also destroyed or damage, as was the case with the graphics card
A few days later the pc was working and everything was fine,

I got a new graphic card from Nvidia, let's call it "second-gpu", it worked just fine, but after a few days and my curiosity
I decided to reomve "second-gpu" from PC and take the old card the "first-gpu" and put it again, and then the same problem occurred, but with minimal losses, I did not lose any other RAM
But when I removed the "first-gpu" and put the "second-gpu", the same problem happened as the "first-gpu", the fans are working at their maximum power, I waited a minute in this mode and then unplugged the power from the PC

I removed the "second-gpu", to see it, and saw the graphic card the "second-gpu". It seems that the capacitor has swollen, and there is also a slight burn from behind the card. The first card did not have any malfunctions from the outside, but it just does not work, as I explained above.

After all these sad things I decided to use the PC as usual it was working after this accident

I used it with an internal graphic card, but the dx11 is not available only 9, so i can't do too much
I bought a new 1GB RAM, now I have 3GB instead of 2
For 3 months I used the PC with, a bad sector hard drive and 3GB RAM and it doesn't seem that the weak internal graphics card will help me as is the case with the processor

Because I was curious as I said before, I decided to put the first card again, the same problem occurred, the fans are working at maximum power, I unplugged the PC, removed the battery and tried to open the PC again, it opened fine
But there is a problem that Windows does not boot, I forgot to say that Windows does not boot mean "there is a blue screen and an error kernel code"

After an experience of removing the RAM, I discovered that 1 of the RAM was damage, I don't know exactly.
But it's not the new RAM that I bought, it's one of the RAMs that were in the pc
Then Windows booted fine and now we are here with 2GB RAM again
By the way, I tried the "first-gpu" on my friend's PC, but it didn't work, and nothing happening like my case, just he put it and remove it fine.

Knowing that I tried cards that damage on this motherbord, the PC was working and booting, but nothing on the screen
No things like the "first-gpu" that happens, only the screen does not work and the PC works, because the card has a damaged as I mentioned and when I remove the card, only the PC works without any malfunctions from the previous
That's it, and here the story ends.

Now what brings me here?
I wanted to buy a new graphic card and was a little afraid that it would be damage, so I came here, to get answer my questions

So, I believe that the motherboard has a malfunction and damaged any card I put in it, My question is after you heard the story?
Is the fault from the motherboard, and does not enter the graphics card or when i updating the BIOS?
Or all of this things happend from the BIOS update?
Or the malfunction of the first graphics card is the cause of all these things

I just don't want to update anything or buy a new PC so far, I just want to update the graphics card safely, I don't want the reader to tell me to buy a new PC, this is request.

I just want you answer my questions, and thank you for being nice person and reading all of this, and I hope to find a solution or finl answer.

Note: Before the first graphics card was damaged, the PC was in a period of rest, it was closed for 10 hours before it damage.
model-pc: HP dc7800p SFF FULLNAME(HP Compaq dc7800 Small Form Factor)
bord: Hewlet-Packard
first-gpu: AMD Radeon HD 5450 1GB
secound-gpu: Nvidia 512MB - not remember what
version but its "USED"
internal-gpu: Intel GMA 3100 256MB

Last edited:

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Did you remember to reset CMOS after the Bios flash ?
Did you turn off the iGPU after setting video cards in ?
Did you run memtestx64 on the RAM before deciding it's bad ?
Flashing the Wrong Bios can have detrimental effects and nothing would look right, I wouldn't be too quick to throw anything away yet.

Jul 11, 2022
Did you remember to reset CMOS after the Bios flash ?
Did you turn off the iGPU after setting video cards in ?
Did you run memtestx64 on the RAM before deciding it's bad ?
Flashing the Wrong Bios can have detrimental effects and nothing would look right, I wouldn't be too quick to throw anything away yet.
CMOS yeah this what i talking about but i called her battery sorry, i reset it.
im not even turn on or play with iGPU anytime.
how can i run memtestx64, the RAM not even make PC boot Windows, until try to reinstall windows with flash, when get logo Windows and there is bluescreen coming.

about BIOS update i I followed all the steps, and downloaded from HP direct, and now i have version 1.35 of bios.