[SOLVED] Is Furmark safe for testing?

Jan 16, 2021
Hi i want to stress test second hand gpu with Furmark but i'm little scared from Furmark damaging it. Can it damage gpu that is at stock voltages and not overclocked? Also fans start to work at around 50c so that worries me too, so should i set them manually?

Solution
Furmark is a pretty extreme stress test and also pretty unrealistic. I doubt it will damage a card but it will stress out nearly every part of the card including the cards VRMs which on a older card might not be the best idea. I would stick to a more realistic benchmark like 3D Mark or one of the Unigine ones.
Furmark is a pretty extreme stress test and also pretty unrealistic. I doubt it will damage a card but it will stress out nearly every part of the card including the cards VRMs which on a older card might not be the best idea. I would stick to a more realistic benchmark like 3D Mark or one of the Unigine ones.

Solution

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
I used furmark when I bought a used rx570 to verify it fully works. If it’s unstable I’d rather find out immediately than surprised latter, especially true if you buy used and have a small return window (if you have one).

Highly doubt it will damage your card as all it does is put a heavy workload on it. But as I said before it will show you if the card is unstable.

Jan 16, 2021
Today after playing COD Warzone i checked HWiNFO and it showed 1 GPU Memory Error :( I run Furmark a few days ago 15 min and it was ok, temps max at 76c with fans on auto. Did I destroy the GPU with furmark?