Is FX 8320 Good for gaming

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MaXiMus M8

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
hi i am building a high end gaming rig that i want to be able to play the new coming tiles like bf4 and gta 5 on ultra settings. i was wondering if the fx 8320 will be good enough and will the mother board im using be alright too (ASUS M5A97 R2.0)

Graphics card is 7950

Solution
Specs look nice to me. Should be good to go.

You can play games at 1080p with high-very high settings at 30+ FPS easily on most titles. Even the BF4 should not at all be a problem.

A word of advice : That CPU has got a huge overclocking potential, so if you want to boost your performance, then you should get an aftermarket CPU Cooler, cheaper ones like the Hyper 212 EVO would do just fine, and then overclock that CPU to like 4.0~4.2 Ghz and it should then offer stellar performance. Just an advice, because there is so much potential there to unlock.

Gaidax

Distinguished

Just take care with it - the motherboard is a budget one, bump clock a but and see how it goes, don't just nuke it off 4.2Ghz+ right away :)