Question Is Galax B450m a good choice for a budget mobo?

Lushern1309

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
Hey there snouh, looks reasonable, however doesn't seem overclocking oriented (lack of spreaders on VRMs, etc) i may be looking at the wrong pic tho lol, not too familiar with galax, worth researching their product quality and longevity

Couldn´t find any review of it or anyone build a system with it.

Galax does some GPUs as well and therefore have knowlegde of how hardware works and can build pretty good hardware for a very good price.

But would chose a better reviewed motherboard or wait till this one was reviewed

Galax made a series of AMD motherboards, including B450, X570, A320 etc. I'm a budget oriented individual so I chose the Galax B450M. The prices of these boards are cheap af. (Galax's B450 is slightly cheaper than ASrock's B450m-HDV)
http://www.galax.com/pt/galax-b450m-motherboard.html

What do you think? Im pairing this with an RX 570 and a R3 1600

With so many system functions being integrated into the CPU as long as the builder follows board layout and design practices in AMD's spec's it should be at least functional at stock speeds. As noted before the VRM FET's lack any kind of heat sinking on the B450m board linked at least, suggesting Galax's intent is to ease into the market at the low end. This one at least isn't gonna be an overclocking monster, you can tell by looking at it, but it should work well enough with a 1600.

One other thing I'd pay particular attention to is which audio CODEC and networking chip is being used. They're about the only things not integrated.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020
With so many system functions being integrated into the CPU as long as the builder follows board layout and design practices in AMD's spec's it should be at least functional at stock speeds. As noted before the VRM FET's lack any kind of heat sinking on the B450m board linked at least, suggesting Galax's intent is to ease into the market at the low end. This one at least isn't gonna be an overclocking monster, you can tell by looking at it, but it should work well enough with a 1600.

One other thing I'd pay particular attention to is which audio CODEC and networking chip is being used. They're about the only things not integrated.
Do you know anything about the anount the fan connectors these have? How is it compared to b450m hdv?

Do you know anything about the anount the fan connectors these have? How is it compared to b450m hdv?
All I can count in the rather fuzzy pictures are two for sure including the CPU cooler, possibly three fan headers and spec's don't list them. Three makes more sense.

I think both boards are very close, with a slight nod given to the Galax only because I can see there are three FET's per phase on VCore. Much depends on exactly which FET's they are but 2 lo-side FET's is usually gonna be better than one. Otherwise they probably fill the same niche for Ryzen APU systems (2200/2400/3200/3400 G's) and 6 core CPU's only if you don't overclock.

These are truly bottom-of-market AM4 boards.