Is gaming mouse necessary?

dbtp2002

Honorable
May 16, 2012
Hello, I was wondering if gaming mouse is really necessary..

right now I have a cheap, unknown brand wireless mouse(around $6..I think)

anyway, I had it for few months now, and it works okay. BUT when I play fps, sometime aim goes somewhere I do not want to go or it doesn't move where i want.. maybe it's a mouse problem..maybe..

I was considering getting a wired gaming mouse to play fps, rpg, and rts(starcraft 2), and I was wondering if it's worth the money..

I know it won't improve my game play that much, but I am considering buying one..

anyway, is it necessary...??

ps. right now I am considering Logitech G400 and Razer Deathadder if i do decide to buy one.

ps2. I use palm grip most of the times

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
a gaming mouse is not necessary but if you say that your mouse is cheap, you could get a better one but if a normal mouse fits your need, then i don't think it's worth paying twice the price for something that does the same thing but if you really want a gaming mouse then go for it, you will be satisfied.

iamcacao

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
^+1 I wouldn't say a gaming mouse is necessary however I don't think playing (especially shooters) with a 6$ mouse could be really enjoyable. The perks of good gamine mice are:
They usually have a high DPI so you can take the sensitivity a lot higher than normal or cheap mice. You usually have some extra buttons you can customize (really comes in handy in fast paced games). They are obviously built a lot better than cheap mice and are usually more comfortable to use.
So to sum up: you don't need a specific gaming mouse however I think you should get something better than the cheapest mouse you can possibly find.

dbtp2002

Honorable
May 16, 2012
o, now i got it..Thanks for the replies! :)

I went to bestbuy that has logitech g400 and Razer Deathaader, and I personally think i like the size and feel of G400 better. I am satisfied..lol
anyway thanks for the replies.