Is GeForce Experience 2.4.5.44 broken for anyone else?

Tommy154

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
I just got a pop up saying new update available, so I went to try and download it and it keeps failing. I then went straight to the nvidia site, downloaded the launcher and still got the same failure. Never had a problem updating before, is this just me or is it affecting anyone else?

After telling Geforce Experience to install the driver update it was alerting me to today, it failed the install. So I opened Geforce Experience up, and again told it to install. This time the install completed successfully.

Later in the day I went to open Geforce Experience to check something, and it wont even open.

Clearly something isn't right with this patch.

Tommy154

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
Just to update any of you that don't know, version 2.4.5.57 is out. Like some of you, my Experience wouldn't even start after trying the last update. Download it from Nvidia's site and you should be good to go. It's working for me so far.

I was able to install both and run them with no problem, although I sent Nvidia feedback regarding this software; It is slow and clunky. It runs laggy. I like the shadow play and framerate monitoring capabilities, but even when installing new drivers through Nvidia Experience it's slower and laggier than just going to nvidia.com and finding your driver there.

I personally will not run this software again until they make it work and it's really no longer a beta product.

While they try to provide a massive amount of functionality through this software, it definitely cheapens the Nvidia brand. I just like the Nvidia that has good solid drivers (bad drivers are the reason I quit buying AMD). I don't need all of their experimental gadgetry.

What sucks is when you get the drivers from the Nvidia.com site, you have to uninstall the Nvidia Experience afterward because they bundle it right along with the drivers now.

Until this software becomes more responsive, I won't use it.