[SOLVED] Is getting a new psu the right move?

phireblast

Honorable
May 16, 2015
Windows 10 pro
i7 4790k 4.0
Rx 580 6gb
Asus H97M-E motherboard
24 gb ram
thermaltake water 3.0 pro all-in-one liquid cooling system clw0223(water cooler, obviously)

This is a bit long and convoluted with possibly irrelevant information, but I feel it is necessary to explain everything that happened beforehand.

Lately, my CPU and motherboard temps have been questionably high. My CPU temps are around 70-90c idle which is too high, and my motherboard according to speccy being at 114c with the latter I think it's a false reading because the temperature was perfectly fine right before upgrading to windows 10.

The motherboard also reported normal temps of around 35 or so in the bios. The former however, remained at the same elevated temperature. I'm led to believe that I need to change my thermal paste since I haven't changed it in 5 years, and that will be addressed soon enough. I may also get a new water cooler that fits better since it never was able to screw all four screws into the bracket properly. Strangely enough, despite this it held on well for years.

New issue arrives after troubleshooting however...after reattaching (or at least, trying to) my water cooler, my PC will boot up with no display, then shut down after a few seconds. This has happened to me in the past a few times, and it's badly seated ram. I had to try different combinations but it will only "boot" with one stick in.

Upon booting, I am greeted with a cpu over voltage error and cpu over temp error(which again, will be addressed). Tried googling this, and my solutions were to reset CMOS, which did nothing... or to get a new PSU. Is there anything else I can try here?