[SOLVED] Is GIGABYTE B450 AORUS Elite gen 3 ready right out the box?

maciashector54

Prominent
Sep 8, 2018
I have a R7 3800X and I just need to buy a MO. I dont want an x570 as I dont need the features so Im trying to get the GIGABYTE B450 AORUS Elite as its at a good price, has good reviews and has aesthetics I like, but Im worried that I need a Gen 1/Gen 2 CPU to update the bios. Does this MO have Gen 3 ready right out the box? I plan to purchase it from Amazon. Thank you

Solution
So should i just bite the bullet and hope for the best? Im almost certain that gigabyte does send an older cpu to lend upon request and theres always Q-Flash. What do you think is the best option. Get an Asus X570-P and not have to stress about it or take a risk and go with the B450?

You should check out your local computer shops and see if any of them offer BIOS Update services and if so, what does it cost. This is one of those motherboards were even the CPU AMD sends out as a loaner is not natively supported without a BIOS update.

It would probably be easier to just get the ASUS X570-P, but if a local shop offered BIOS update services for under $30, I'd probably go the B450 route. Heck, if you offer to purchase the board...

maciashector54

Prominent
Sep 8, 2018
So should i just bite the bullet and hope for the best? Im almost certain that gigabyte does send an older cpu to lend upon request and theres always Q-Flash. What do you think is the best option. Get an Asus X570-P and not have to stress about it or take a risk and go with the B450?

Wolfshadw

Titan

You should check out your local computer shops and see if any of them offer BIOS Update services and if so, what does it cost. This is one of those motherboards were even the CPU AMD sends out as a loaner is not natively supported without a BIOS update.

It would probably be easier to just get the ASUS X570-P, but if a local shop offered BIOS update services for under $30, I'd probably go the B450 route. Heck, if you offer to purchase the board from them, they might perform the BIOS update for free.

-Wolf sends

Solution

maciashector54

Prominent
Sep 8, 2018

It would probably be easier to just get the ASUS X570-P, but if a local shop offered BIOS update services for under $30, I'd probably go the B450 route. Heck, if you offer to purchase the board from them, they might perform the BIOS update for free.

-Wolf sends
Unfortunately i dont live near any computer stores and the closest one is a Frys thats about 40min away and well we've all heard about Frys. Nevertheless thank you for the help, much appreciated