Is Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 compatible with Kingston Hyperx Fury

Gold13821

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
Hello everyone.

So my problem is I bought, without thinking, a 8GB kit(2x4GB) of Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz for my ancient Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 (rev.1). Because if my HyperX Genesis works, why shouldn't this.(lol)
Anyway to the point. My PC is stuck on a reboot cycle with a black screen with the Fury modules and I couldn't find, if they're even compatible.
Could any of you kind people help me out?

Solution
Hello, I'm Jewel with Kingston Technical Support and would like to offer our assistance. The HyperX Fury memory should work properly with your motherboard. Since our 4GB modules are Single Rank or High Density, your system may need a BIOS update to support them. If your previous memory is still working properly I recommend reinstalling them and updating to the latest BIOS. If the memory still does not work after that we can further troubleshoot with you. Please call us at 1-800-435-0640 (USA and Canada only) M - F 6am - 6pm PT and I or another available Technician will assist you.

Thank you for selecting Kingston as your upgrade partner.

kingstonhq

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
Hello, I'm Jewel with Kingston Technical Support and would like to offer our assistance. The HyperX Fury memory should work properly with your motherboard. Since our 4GB modules are Single Rank or High Density, your system may need a BIOS update to support them. If your previous memory is still working properly I recommend reinstalling them and updating to the latest BIOS. If the memory still does not work after that we can further troubleshoot with you. Please call us at 1-800-435-0640 (USA and Canada only) M - F 6am - 6pm PT and I or another available Technician will assist you.

Thank you for selecting Kingston as your upgrade partner.

Solution