Is Google Glass Losing Steam? Units Show Up On Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glass User

Reputable
Oct 9, 2014
I use mine everyday and its as amazing as ever...gone are the days of being disconnected when your tablet's battery dies! Almost a new app for Glass every week or so! Can't wait to see what's next!

actsai

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
I would consider it no more and of course necessary to be an alternate form of Android Wear with Android G or similar, and similar price point too.

js_72

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
Google glass(hole) is a joke. Why in world would walk around looking like a complete douchbag?

SvRommelvS

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
I think people are losing enthusiasm for a product that never seems to want to move from BETA stage. Excuse me, "Explorer program." We want the full release!

dstarr3

Distinguished

Don't get me wrong, I think Google Glass is a tragic product that no one should own or like. But, I wish people would stop saying it's overpriced based on the cost of its materials. Because that's just ignorant. Yes, they need to pay for materials, but they also need to pay for years and years of hideously expensive R&D. And that's just one of many reasons why one shouldn't buy into the first generation of a new product, because it's the early adopters that foot the cost of the R&D more than anything else, and get a glitchy, rough-draft product.

Meanwhile, let's pray this never gets a second generation.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Google glass(hole) is a joke. Why in world would walk around looking like a complete douchbag?

Because some people are actually *adults* who don't really pay attention to opinions of other people about their looks. If Glass would give me an edge in daily life, I wouldn't care what you or anyone else would think of how I look with it on. Ideally it should give me quick access to any information while you're still fumbling with your tablet or just trying to remember something, and that's all that matters. (Plus I actually do like how it looks.) Too bad most countries are already banning its use during driving - I'd love to have an HUD with road-relevant info (GPS, weather, wind speed, etc) while driving my motorcycle...

I understand the frustration with Explorer program, pricing, privacy issues... but this "it makes you look like a douche" is the most childish, silly and ridiculous argument against Glass. Grow up.

Bob yeah that Bob

Reputable
Nov 15, 2014
I've abandoned mine. Just not useful, and for the bits that ARE still useful the pathetic battery and unreliable connectivity make those uses hit or miss at best. To make matters worse, my Android wear watch does those functions better, more reliably, more discretely, and I don't have to wear a goofy contraption on my head.

computerguy72

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
If Google Glass consumer version has a longer battery life and is around $300 or so I would pick one up in an instant. It really is the most promising gadget to give you true hands free. Other hands free (like a watch) etc.. still require you to move your arm away from what you are doing or are very distracting. Glass if it works well could easily be an ideal solution.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZXjoMMigJU
thats the cardboard... its a completely different thing that has an interesting use.

as for google glass, i want one just not at that price. mostly for a camera and audio device that can be always on and recording, im paranoid and don't trust people, and i want something on me at all times incase things happened and i need proof im inocent.

Benteknik

Reputable
Oct 21, 2014
You can simply record " DA MOMENTS " with camcorder or gopro with significant quality you want ......at least , with google glass you can records but u cant do it underwater , harsh conditions ... so .... the idea record "Da moments" minimalist with google glass.

surphninja

Honorable
May 14, 2013
I've lost interest. It's way overpriced, especially considering how limited the technology is. Plus, it looks really lame. I'm gonna pass.

tomc100

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
The technology for this item needs at least 5-10 more years for it to become AWESOME. The glass should be clear LCD with 1080p resolution and provide video, internet surfing, email notifications, voice texting, phone, skype, and camera, and controlled by a smart watch. That would remove the need for an iphone, tablet, laptop, etc. Imagine being able to watch video and surf the internet in public without anyone seeing what you're watching. Or go to a store and see popups for deals at the store like in Minority Report. They probably need a small cable to hook it up to a battery pack though.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
Why are people so hung up about being video recorded in public by private individuals? These same people don't seem to have any issues with commercial videographers and other security related recording systems capturing their images and movement but cry bloody murder if a private individual is wearing these things. This seems like a decent stop-gap until we're able to achieve neural interfaces to feed the data straight to our brains!

Status
Not open for further replies.