[SOLVED] Is graphics card important in a system for using Illustrator/premiere/photoshop?

b22222c

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2014
Hi, i am buying a system and i use a lot illustrator/photoshop etc...
If a have an Intel I5, 16GB Ram, SSD, how much extra performance on speed a graphic card will give me in this adobe programs? Thanks

Solution
If a have an Intel I5, 16GB Ram, SSD, how much extra performance on speed a graphic card will give me in this adobe programs? Thanks

Very little. Most adobe workloads do very well with the latest Intel alderlake chips.

However you are doing intensive work that works with large amounts of memory like premiere. Loading all the frames up into the GPU buffer takes time. Having them in gpu memory along with a PCIe 4 drive will make a significant difference. And things like nvenc make it for a ton faster. And you should invest in a firepro (good) or quadros (excellent) with 16GB frame buffers.

Very little. Most adobe workloads do very well with the latest Intel alderlake chips.

However you are doing intensive work that works with large amounts of memory like premiere. Loading all the frames up into the GPU buffer takes time. Having them in gpu memory along with a PCIe 4 drive will make a significant difference. And things like nvenc make it for a ton faster. And you should invest in a firepro (good) or quadros (excellent) with 16GB frame buffers.

Solution