[SOLVED] Is Gt 710 a good upgrade and will it work on my specs?

May 8, 2020
Please keep it to 1 thread
I am seriously considering buying his GPU,but there is a question that is haunting me,will this GPU work and is it worth it?

My currents specs:

MBD:Intel DH55PJ

H55 chipset

CPU-Intel i3 540 3.07 GHz x86_64

UEFI supported BIOS

RAM-Hynix 4×2 GB 1333MHz DDR3

CURRENT Gpu-

Intel Clardale Hd Graphics

64 mb dedicated video memory

Psu_Pentium4 450W

Pcie 2.0 16x slot is present

I just wanted to know is it worth upgrading to the 1gb ddr3 gt 710,and will it be supported in my pc.Before you comment about my crappy build and bad PSU,and about the bad choice of gpu,let me tell you i am broke,and on a very tight budget and i need a usable PC.

I just want to play CSGO in 720p
And should i buy the zotac version or Gigabyte version?

Thank you

Solution
D
It is an upgrade to your iGPU but do not expect great performance. That GPU will work just fine, if you do want to go ahead with this, I recommend getting the Zotac version.
May 8, 2020
I have obviously considered buying it,but it is about two times my budget.So can you just tell me if it is compatible with my Motherboard?
And can it be considered an upgrade from my older iGPU

May 8, 2020
I am seriously considering buying his GPU,but there is a question that is haunting me,will this GPU work and is it worth it?

My currents specs:

MBD:Intel DH55PJ

H55 chipset

CPU-Intel i3 540 3.07 GHz x86_64

UEFI supported BIOS

RAM-Hynix 4×2 GB 1333MHz DDR3

CURRENT Gpu-

Intel Clardale Hd Graphics

64 mb dedicated video memory

Psu_Pentium4 450W

Pcie 2.0 16x slot is present

I just wanted to know is it worth upgrading to the 1gb ddr3 gt 710,and will it be supported in my pc.Before you comment about my crappy build and bad PSU,and about the bad choice of gpu,let me tell you i am broke,and on a very tight budget and i need a usable PC.
As I am confident about this gpu,please do not suggest other GPU's/

I just want to play CSGO in 720p
And should i buy the zotac version or Gigabyte version?

Thank you

D

Deleted member 2720853

It is an upgrade to your iGPU but do not expect great performance. That GPU will work just fine, if you do want to go ahead with this, I recommend getting the Zotac version.

Solution
May 8, 2020
And should i buy the 2gb version or 1 gb version.
many sites are telling me that the 2gb version wont be much of an upgrade because of cpu bottleneck

D

Deleted member 2720853

Thank you,but can you please elaborate.

and can you tell me why the zotac version is better.
Because GIGABYTE aren't exactly known for well functioning GPUs, motherboards are their thing.
As those sites said, you will be bottlenecked so getting the 2GB version is pointless, considering it's not even GDDR.
Is this a good upgrade? Barely. Does it work on your specs? Absolutely.

May 8, 2020
As you said this would not be a good upgrade,i am sure you do not understand how bad my iGPU is.
It runs CSGO in lowest settings in 640x 480 with 18 -25 fps
and there is only 64 mb VRAM,and barely any game runs on it

May 8, 2020
My current GPU is an iGPU Intel HD Graphics Clarkdale
VRAM-64 mb
Base clock-733MHz
It runs CSGO at 16-23 fps in 640 x 480 lowest settings.
I plan on buying a GT 710 1gb,mostly because of my small budget,but also due to bottleneck cpu.(i3 540)

Should I upgrade to this GPU?