[SOLVED] Is GT 710 good enough for 1080p screen recording?

Feb 29, 2020
I have an old desktop i want to upgrade, so i can record zoom meetings while using my laptop. Its specs:
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 GHz
  • Motherboard: Asus P5QPL-AM
  • Memory: 2GB DDR2 667MHz
The integrated gpu in this motherboard (Intel GMA X4500) can't record higher than 480p using OBS.
I have read many bad things about this graphics card online. But i live in Azerbaijan where finding components (especially old ones) is a very, very big problem. Also they are very expensive in small stores. They sell 1 GB DDR2 RAM for 25 manats (~15 dollars) when i got 2 GB for 3 dollars from eBay. So i found this card (new) for 85 manats (50 dollars). There are some used ones but I know many people who bought something used and it came broken. These sites don't protect buyer in any way, so i want to avoid them. So, as you see, i don't have many choices here. And i couldn't find any from eBay or Amazon either. They don't ship most of graphics cards to Azerbaijan. And if they do, shipping costs way more than card itself.
I don't want to play any games, just record screen using OBS with decent resolution and at least 30 fps.
Also will this graphics card work with my motherboard/CPU?
Thank you all in advance.

Solution
Can you find anything with a GTX750Ti? A GT730 would be a better idea for the platform. Also, what is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? A discrete GPU will also demand more from the system, when compared to the onboard off of the motherboard.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you find anything with a GTX750Ti? A GT730 would be a better idea for the platform. Also, what is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? A discrete GPU will also demand more from the system, when compared to the onboard off of the motherboard.

Reactions: nicatbzade58
Solution
Feb 29, 2020
Hi. Thank you for answering.
GTX 750Ti costs 350 manats, and GT 730 is 150 manats. Which is ~200$ and ~80$. But i might be able to buy GT 730 if there is a big difference.
My PSU is 400W. It is old and brandless. I will change it. But i think 400W is enough, i am changing because it gives burnt plastic smell (so that's why we shouldn't buy cheap PSUs) when using OBS.