is gtx 980ti compatible with my system? and will it run arma 3 smooth=?

Solution
Provided your PSU is up to the job, It'll work and you'll certainly be getting more frames compared to your 370, but performance will be severely limited by your CPU.

For Arma 3 to run smooth, you need to upgrade your CPU, even 3 1080's wouldn't make Arma 3 run smooth, it's a badly optimised CPU whore.

anti-duck

Honorable
Provided your PSU is up to the job, It'll work and you'll certainly be getting more frames compared to your 370, but performance will be severely limited by your CPU.

For Arma 3 to run smooth, you need to upgrade your CPU, even 3 1080's wouldn't make Arma 3 run smooth, it's a badly optimised CPU whore.

Solution

anti-duck

Honorable
Any processor you can upgrade to on that motherboard won't make much of a difference to be honest. Arma 3 is a game that people boast about because it has all this realistic bollocks, real time bullet physics etc... It needs an obscene amount of processing power... and then it doesn't even use it. You'd need a motherboard and a CPU upgrade to get the best performance possible.

MultiGaming

Reputable
Jun 4, 2016

But is the 1070 compatible with my system cuz i did a other review here with the 1080 and it was not compatible with my system.

anti-duck

Honorable

Both the 1070 and 1080 are compatible with your system, they're just going to be held back by your CPU.

MultiGaming

Reputable
Jun 4, 2016

but the guy who said it wasnt compatible said also it wouldnt be any better if i got an 1080.

anti-duck

Honorable

Yeah, you'd probably end up CPU limited often and wouldn't see much difference between a 980, 980 Ti, 1070 or 1080, but they're definitely all compatible with the rest of your system provided your PSU has enough output.

MultiGaming

Reputable
Jun 4, 2016

so i need to upgrade my motherboard and cpu to get it to work perfectly?

Because your gaming experience will be limited by the CPU, you cannot take advantage of the extra power from the higher end gpu's. They will work, just not to their full potential

There is no compatability issue. However, your CPU is weak, any CPU's you can get for your mobo will be weak. Given the cost of a 980ti and a new FX processor I would recommend getting a 1070 and a new cpu/mobo/ram, should be a similar cost in total, and much greater performance.

And we need to understand your PSU details.

MultiGaming

Reputable
Jun 4, 2016

Please tell me what cpu mobo and ram i should get for the 1070 because im not really good at choosing stuff and i can just buy the things you say :D i would appreicate if you said the names of the cpu/ram/mobo.

TRENDING THREADS