Is having 2 intakes and 3 exhaust okay?

Dec 26, 2018
I am currently worried about having a bad fan setup. I feel that down the road, my bad fan placement is going to start overheating my computer.

Fan Setup:
I currently have a Phanteks Eclipse P400 case

Intake:
2x 120 Front on Radiator

Exhaust:
2x 120 Top
1x 120 Rear

Will having more exhaust than intake cause heating issues down the line or will I be fine for what it is right now? Thank you...

Solution
Yes, that configuration is fine. Very good in fact. Not only does the additional exhaust offset the internal pressure to slightly negative which helps lessen the amount of static pressure that your radiator fans have to struggle against, it also helps to pull additional heat out of the case to help offset what the radiator is putting INTO it. Overall, that is a recommended configuration.

I would not listen to people who try to spread around the idea that positive pressure benefits cooling performance, it doesn't, all it does is help to suppress dust intake. You need fresh air in, but you don't need fresh air in at a rate that is higher than you can get the heated air out so slightly negative or neutral pressure arrangements help to...
Yes, that configuration is fine. Very good in fact. Not only does the additional exhaust offset the internal pressure to slightly negative which helps lessen the amount of static pressure that your radiator fans have to struggle against, it also helps to pull additional heat out of the case to help offset what the radiator is putting INTO it. Overall, that is a recommended configuration.

I would not listen to people who try to spread around the idea that positive pressure benefits cooling performance, it doesn't, all it does is help to suppress dust intake. You need fresh air in, but you don't need fresh air in at a rate that is higher than you can get the heated air out so slightly negative or neutral pressure arrangements help to eliminate dead spots and keep up a good rate of heat exchange.

Solution