[SOLVED] is hdr in all gaming or is that somthing the game has to support and how many support it?

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
was wondering if i where to get an hdr panel would it be good in gaming or does hdr have limited compatability meaning is there alot of games that dont support it is it somthing that has to be supported by the game ect?

probably not going to upgrade fort awhile but is somthing i was wondering about after reading a review that said something like not all games support hdr but not sure how true this is and to what percent of games support hdr.

in short do most games support hdr?

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
was wondering if i where to get an hdr panel would it be good in gaming or does hdr have limited compatability meaning is there alot of games that dont support it is it somthing that has to be supported by the game ect?

probably not going to upgrade fort awhile but is somthing i was wondering about after reading a review that said something like not all games support hdr but not sure how true this is and to what percent of games support hdr.

in short do most games support hdr?

I'm not sure about most games supporting HDR, but both your monitor and the game itself has to support it.

HDR is a feature in a game that has to be developed in, it is NOT something all games can do.

As far as available HDR games, it's growing fast, and far more than the handful it started out as, but there's really only about 75 PC games that currently support it. The thing to takeaway there though is many are being added all the time, and in development.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/10/30/what-graphics-card-hdr-pc-games-3/

Solution