[SOLVED] Is i5 3570 good for gaming?

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
I want to upgrade my cpu whichxeon 3460 with gtx 1050 ti oc edition , so i want to buy i5 3570 for gaming , is it worth upgrading?

Solution
Depends how much it will cost you after selling your current cpu. The gains won’t be much, generally I’d say it is not worth it.

It also depends what you want to achieve. Both of those CPU’s are well below the suggested minimum requirements for most recent AAA games. The games might be playable but you can’t expect to average 60fps if the cpu is this far below the recommended.
Only for gaming yes i5 3570 have better single core performance and that means better performance in games. But you still have to change the motherboard. If it is worth now it depends of the price. Maybe its better to invest a bit more money and go to a newer platform like am4 and ryzen.

Depends how much it will cost you after selling your current cpu. The gains won’t be much, generally I’d say it is not worth it.

It also depends what you want to achieve. Both of those CPU’s are well below the suggested minimum requirements for most recent AAA games. The games might be playable but you can’t expect to average 60fps if the cpu is this far below the recommended.

Solution

JaSoN_cRuZe

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
Yes, it will be worth it, but i might urge you to consider the 3770 if you have the budget.
As 4c8t is more than enough to suffice a 1050Ti card were the GPU will the only bottleneck in games.

Since 3770 is powerful enough to handle a 1070 without any bottlenecks.

Personally i'm using 3570K @4.92 coupled with a 1070Ti and it is fine for 1080p60

Spending money for a second hand processor is much more feasible than upgrading the entire platform for gaming purpose when using a card like 1050Ti.
Normally a cpu will last 2 or more gpu’s for a lot of people if going to a modern platform. Buying a cpu that is close to the end if it’s useful life has to be really cheap in my opinion.

Also a 1050Ti is capable of decent FPS at 1080p as long as you compromise on game settings.