Question Is i5 9400f fine for RTX 2080 ti?

I have a 4K 60hz display and I plan on using ray tracing when available. at the highest resolution possible. I'm thinking a 9400f should be just fine. I bought one off amazon for $140. Thought it was a good deal. Bought a cheap B360 motherboard for $40. I couldn't afford much because of buying the RTX 2080 ti. I'd like to have a better CPU but it's really not necessary is it? For just gaming at 60hz at probably less than 60 fps with ray tracing on. I'll probably play 1440p with ray tracing on. Well anyway the parts will be in on Tuesday. Can't wait.

InvalidError

Titan
If you are going to be gaming at 4k60 and want the 2808Ti so you can use raytracing on top, then the i5 should be enough to keep the Ti busy in those cases. If you ever decide to try lower resolution at higher refresh though, you may find yourself wanting for a faster CPU.

If you are going to be gaming at 4k60 and want the 2808Ti so you can use raytracing on top, then the i5 should be enough to keep the Ti busy in those cases. If you ever decide to try lower resolution at higher refresh though, you may find yourself wanting for a faster CPU.

I understand that. I may want 144hz someday but for now 4k 60hz is fine for me. Maybe when 4K 144hz becomes a thing I'll make the jump. By then I'll need a new system anyway.