Question Is i7 6700k ok for Rex 2080ti ?

ravndal15

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2012
Currently I’m running a gtx 1080ti with a i7 6700k overclocked to 4.3 ghz .
I am looking to upgrade to a res 2080ti but am wondering if my current processor would be enough to run that ?
When playing assassins creed odyssey I think my processor is being used up towards 100% though I am not sure . And my graphics card is being used 75% to 90% about a . I will provide a screenshot so you guys can determine the results.

I’m guessing if I go to arts 2080ti I would have to certainly upgrade my processor ? Would I ?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=jj00zr&s=9#.XTk1x8p_VOk

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Assassins is very cpu heavy, not really optimised well either. Regardless of that, 2080Ti can deal more fps obviously and with that the cpu needs to prepare more frames, that's if it can. But since it's already maxed out you'll probably won't see a whole lot of difference and probably add toward more stutters.

Other less cpu intensive games then sure. Depends on resolution & details as well of course. More fps = more frame preparation the cpu needs to do.

ravndal15

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2012
Assassins is very cpu heavy, not really optimised well either. Regardless of that, 2080Ti can deal more fps obviously and with that the cpu needs to prepare more frames, that's if it can. But since it's already maxed out you'll probably won't see a whole lot of difference and probably add toward more stutters.

Other less cpu intensive games then sure. Depends on resolution & details as well of course. More fps = more frame preparation the cpu needs to do.

Yeah true . I am a enthusiast when playing games and love playing the AAA titles especially newly released ones . I think with that being said I had better update my processor before thinking about the 2080ti and I’m suspecting in most cases games being released now and into the future will require that ? . I game at 3440x1440p .

DanielSpaending

Reputable
Mar 17, 2016
I had massive problems with stuttering in AC: Odessey at 3440x1440p. I also use a 6700k @4.4ghz and a 1080ti. My framerate line looked a lot like yours, but I found a froum post that helped me run it smoothly:
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1945377-Game-stuttering-please-fix-this
Basically
Step 1: Go to the directory where you have installed Assassin's Creed Odyssey.
Step 2: Right Click on ACOdyssey.exe file.
Step 3: Select the "Compatibility" Tab.
Step 4: Check the option "Disable Fullscreen Optimization"
Step 5: Click "Apply" and exit.

It helped me, so perhaps try that before you spend alot of money on a new GPU or CPU.... Unless you wan't an excuse to upgrade ;)

TRENDING THREADS