[SOLVED] Is Intel DH67BL MB a good choice for i7 3770 + Gtx 1660

Jun 20, 2022
Hi
I had a H77 Gigabyte mobo but unfortunately it stopped working so currently Im using this setup:
Worst H61 Gigabyte Mobo on the market (No sata 3 and no usb 3 😐)
I5 2500
GTX 750ti 2gb
2400Mhz 1x8 gb (running in 1333Mhz speed)
2 HDD
1 sata SSD
So as you can guess all of my components are being bottlenecked by that mobo . I am planning to buy Intel DH67BL board to utilize my pc parts full power and soon I will upgrade my i5 2500 to 2600 or 3770 (extra 4 threads will be really useful for multiple running VMs and I need better cpu to upgrade my gpu) and buy a GTX 1660 to finally retire my GTX 750ti .
Today I saw a few DH67BL boards being sold with a great price but Im a little bit hesitant about buying that board first it has a 6th gen chipset and Im not sure it supports pcie 3 (Intel says Discrete Graphics: 1 PCIe 3.0 x16 under Processor Graphics but under Expansion Options it says PCIe x16 gen 2.x: 1), second under Memory & Storage it says Memory types: DDR3 1066/1333 but i have 2400Mhz ram and on my pervious Z77 board which supported up to 1600Mhz it had an option in bios to oc mobo or cpu maybe to get 2400Mhz speed my question is that is there such an option in this mobo ? 1600Mhz is crucial for me but 2400Mhz is optional, third power phases count seems unusual on this board i can count only 5 vrms around cpu socket and 1 next to ram slots which means 5+1 power phase 😐 whilst boards with the same chipset from other manufactures has 8+2 or 6+2 (Im counting those gray blocks called choke) so isn't this board weaker in terms of power delivery to cpu and rams? And last it has no support for case front usb3 ports but it supports 8x usb2 ports but who needs that when it has 6x usb2 and 2x usb3 ports.
To be mentioned I wont do serious overclocks except puting cpu clock ratio to max and rams at 2400mhz.

Solution
Thought:
Yes, you may not have enough budget to upgrade the WHOLE system right now, but instead of buying a 10 year old CPU that is essentially obsolete and only last you a couple years, buy a current-gen CPU that will last you another 6-8 years?

What's the expected timeframe on the GPU upgrade?

Not sure where you'll be buying your components from. Just saying to keep in mind the $$ you're spending on obsolete hardware in this system replacement.
Jun 20, 2022
Country?
Upgrade budget?

Really would recommend getting a modern CPU instead of a 3770.
I live in Iran and my upgrade budget is around 600$ . I did already plan to buy a newer cpu but i thought it may be overkill for gpus I can afford . I have to also upgrade my psu and it'll cost around 150$ so wont be able to buy gpu for a while . I thought 3770 + gtx 1660s will be good for a while having a good psu and then buying 11th gen i5 + good mobo in a year or 2 . Also those lga 1155 stuff are being sold really cheap compared to their performance for example that Intel boards price is 35$ and a 3370 will cost around 65$ .

Thought:
Yes, you may not have enough budget to upgrade the WHOLE system right now, but instead of buying a 10 year old CPU that is essentially obsolete and only last you a couple years, buy a current-gen CPU that will last you another 6-8 years?

Not sure where you'll be buying your components from. Just saying to keep in mind the $$ you're spending on obsolete hardware in this system replacement.

Reactions: AbolfazlSM
Solution
Jun 20, 2022
Thought:

You are absolutely right now Im planning to buy GIGABYTE B560M AORUS ELITE mobo + I5 10400F + a psu for now I will buy gtx 1660s or maybe 3060 later what psu do you recommend for that setup?