[SOLVED] Is IntelRapid.exe a virus?

Solution
i've never noticed it in Task Manager even when having Intel RST installed.
the fact that it isn't located in an actual Rapid Storage Technology folder would lead me to believe it is some sort of malware.
and i have seen trojans with this sort of Intel** names often.

just removing the reported file yourself can lead to it reinfecting because the author may store other sources on your disks.
you should use an anti-malware/anti-virus software to remove and clean any traces of it.
Windows built-in software isn't the best for this type of thing and will often only remove a certain file it has detected while leaving much behind.

you don't really need to install fishy software anymore to get things like this.
many times just clicking on a...
i've never noticed it in Task Manager even when having Intel RST installed.
the fact that it isn't located in an actual Rapid Storage Technology folder would lead me to believe it is some sort of malware.
and i have seen trojans with this sort of Intel** names often.

just removing the reported file yourself can lead to it reinfecting because the author may store other sources on your disks.
you should use an anti-malware/anti-virus software to remove and clean any traces of it.
Windows built-in software isn't the best for this type of thing and will often only remove a certain file it has detected while leaving much behind.

you don't really need to install fishy software anymore to get things like this.
many times just clicking on a link on an untrusted site can lead to issues like this.

Reactions: sawma_xd
Solution

TRENDING THREADS