[SOLVED] Is IPS Glow Still Present on High-End Monitors?

Crag_Hack

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2015
The title says it all. The reason why I ask is because I have bought a new Alienware AW3418DW 34" IPS ultrawide monitor that has some IPS glow in the lower left corner. Blacks in that corner look a little greyish. The glow is subtle but definitely noticeable if you are looking for it. I called Dell and they told me the monitor was defective. I don't want to return it for a new one if I face the possibility of getting one with worse IPS glow if the Dell technicians are wrong about this. But if indeed my monitor has worse glow than normal of course I'd like to return it. Are modern high quality IPS monitors like mine still going to exhibit IPS glow? Do monitor companies evaluate monitors before they sell them to make sure the glow isn't unacceptably bad? Thanks.

Crag_Hack

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2015
Thanks dude. Sounds like I should just stick with what I have since it's somewhat negligible and I'm already getting used to it. No guarantee of getting something better by returning and considering the subtlety of what I have there's probably a good chance of getting a worse product right?

Also there's no possibility of it being caused by bad shipping right? When I picked up the monitor package upon arrival the other day it was with the monitor's side down instead of bottom down. Could bad shipping cause anything related to what I'm experiencing?