[SOLVED] Is it a dead pixel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Fine, i'll come clean. 😄
I did spot an anomaly in your images. It's not the pixel that is in fault but the backlighting between them. When looking closely, it is possible to see the darker spot on horizontal line between the pixels.

Like i said above, if it annoys you, RMA your monitor. Though, when the store from where you bought it isn't happy with the RMA reason (e.g they think it's not that great of a deal to warrant a replacement), they will return the same monitor back to you.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
If the pixel doesn't change color and displays only black, it's a dead one. Stuck pixel shows either red, green or blue but would be stuck only with that color.

RMA your monitor if that annoys you. (Though, i can't see anything wrong with your monitor, even when zoomed in. Then again, my eyesight isn't what it used to be.)

Btw, if you see individual pixels from where you sit, you bought too big monitor. E.g at 1-3 feet, 24" 1080p is enough and 4-6 feet, 27" 1080p is enough. Since at 1-3 feet you'd be seeing pixels of 27" 1080p monitor.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019
If the pixel doesn't change color and displays only black, it's a dead one. Stuck pixel shows either red, green or blue but would be stuck only with that color.

RMA your monitor if that annoys you. (Though, i can't see anything wrong with your monitor, even when zoomed in. Then again, my eyesight isn't what it used to be.)

Btw, if you see individual pixels from where you sit, you bought too big monitor. E.g at 1-3 feet, 24" 1080p is enough and 4-6 feet, 27" 1080p is enough. Since at 1-3 feet you'd be seeing pixels of 27" 1080p monitor.

I guess it's not a dead pixel then, but if it's a dust or smudge inside the panel, can i clean it?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
You can not open the monitor as you can open the side of a PC case. Well, you can but 1. monitor warranty will be voided; 2. you'll break the LCD panel by opening it. You can clean it only when the dust/smudge is at the outside of the panel.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Fine, i'll come clean. 😄
I did spot an anomaly in your images. It's not the pixel that is in fault but the backlighting between them. When looking closely, it is possible to see the darker spot on horizontal line between the pixels.

Like i said above, if it annoys you, RMA your monitor. Though, when the store from where you bought it isn't happy with the RMA reason (e.g they think it's not that great of a deal to warrant a replacement), they will return the same monitor back to you.

Solution
Jul 1, 2019
Fine, i'll come clean. 😄

I asked about it to the store, and they say the black dot won't spread and it will be gone eventually.
Haven't asked for a replacement though

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I asked about it to the store, and they say the black dot won't spread and it will be gone eventually.
Haven't asked for a replacement though
To tell it politely; store rep gave you deceptive information since there are no self-healing hardware in existence. Maybe in the far far future my great great grandkids can have that kind of tech but that isn't happening in my lifetime nor yours.

Jul 1, 2019
To tell it politely; store rep gave you deceptive information since there are no self-healing hardware in existence. Maybe in the far far future my great great grandkids can have that kind of tech but that isn't happening in my lifetime nor yours.

Okay, so i asked for a replacement, and the guy said, for an issue like this, i can't get a replacement unit, but he said he will contact the service center anyway. and he'll reach out to me as soon as he gets a reply from the service center.

According to my experience,
usually, only monitors/laptops/TVs with more than 5 deadpixels can be RMAed....but...some stores/resellers are willing offer some compensation, if you have less than 5.
e.g.
I got €100 back on my Thinkpad T400 a few years ago because of that one single dead pixel....and then...after some weeks, I tried to massage the screen and the dead pixel went away. (no longer dead)...perhaps it was not a dead pixel along ^o^
The €100 was nice :D

Status
Not open for further replies.