Question Is it a faulty GPU that need to be replaced?

Jan 17, 2022
So my PC started randomly crashing a few months back and ive been trying to fix it ever since.
The screen will turn black and sound will start looping. The fans start spinning at 100% but it doesnt seem to be a fault with my temps.
The crash would happen randomly in sort of demanding games like Dark souls 3 and Monster Hunter World. But lesser demanding games like league of legends never crashes my pc.
Ive tried updating all my drivers and my BIOS and ive even tried rolling back my Nvidia GPU driver to earlier drivers.
I tried reapplying thermal paste on both my CPU and my GPU but its still the same. The new CPU thermal paste seemed to help for a couple of days but that mightve just been a coincidence.
My temps dont seem to be bad either. My idle temp on gpu is 20-30 C and on load its in the 50-70 C. My CPU is on 30-40 C idle and 50-55 C on load.

While using the benchmark program Heaven my pc will always crash at the same exact point and whocrashed will give me this dump file.

Underclocking my GPU Core and Memory clock but -190MHz and putting core voltage up by 40% in MSI afterburner seems to prevent crashes though.

On Mon 17-01-2022 17:17:52 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x9f80c) Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF800204FB320, 0x0) Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispig.inf_amd64_015fa42d67826549\nvlddmkm.sys product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 511.23 company: NVIDIA Corporation description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 511.23 Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue). A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 511.23 , NVIDIA Corporation). Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION On

Mon 17-01-2022 17:17:52 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\011722-17234-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3f72e0) Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF800204FB320, 0x0) Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue). The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Does anyone have any suggestions or did my GPU just reach the end of its lifetime?

My specs are:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.39 GHz
RAM: 16,0 GB
System: Both Ssd and Hdd with Windows 10
GPU: Asus GTX 1060 6gb
Systemtype: 64-bit
PSU: Kolink Modular Power 80 PLUS Bronze PSU - 600 Watt

Last edited: