[SOLVED] Is it a good idea to get a Vega 64 ?

BoSSPEED

Honorable
Oct 22, 2015
Hello,

Do you guys think its a good idea to get a Vega 64 and game with it at 1440p? It will be a used card paired with my i5 6660k. I will be playing games like R6S, Valorat, Apex Legends, Warzone, GTA V, CSGO etc. Most videos I've seen are outdated and was curious to see if it's still a decent card. I currently have a 1060 6GB.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Vega 64 is my primary GPU but I can't really recommend it now unless it's a phenomenal deal.

With an aftermarket cooler and a little luck you can get it up to the GTX 1080 in terms of performance but it's a few generations old and power hungry.

Unfortunately, because of the shortage of next gen GPUs, all the last gen GPUs are also being scooped up. The shortage of both next gen AND last gen GPUs is causing the price of last gen GPUs to skyrocket to ridiculously absurd prices.
Vega 64 is my primary GPU but I can't really recommend it now unless it's a phenomenal deal.

With an aftermarket cooler and a little luck you can get it up to the GTX 1080 in terms of performance but it's a few generations old and power hungry.

Unfortunately, because of the shortage of next gen GPUs, all the last gen GPUs are also being scooped up. The shortage of both next gen AND last gen GPUs is causing the price of last gen GPUs to skyrocket to ridiculously absurd prices.

Solution