[SOLVED] Is it a good time to buy RTX 2060 non super now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raystorm79

Honorable
Oct 1, 2015
Hi all, i reside in singapore and over here now the RTX2060 costs about $399 sgd (abt $292 usd) Is it worth the purchase? I own a I5-4460 wif a Asus H81M-A mobo wif 8gb corsair ram and a gtx750ti. I dont really play AAA titles but may look forward to in future. I also fear my old I5-4460 may bottleneck the RTX2060 hence i might just buy GTX1650 super.

Solution
absolutely not.

none of the 2xxx series are worth it at the moment, unless its on a very generous discount, and the 2060 is barely enough for some RT fancies, needless to say, this card will not age well, and even though the 2xxx series isnt plain bad, they'll likely never be seen with good eyes again. Skip the 2xxx, wait for 3060(ti).
absolutely not.

none of the 2xxx series are worth it at the moment, unless its on a very generous discount, and the 2060 is barely enough for some RT fancies, needless to say, this card will not age well, and even though the 2xxx series isnt plain bad, they'll likely never be seen with good eyes again. Skip the 2xxx, wait for 3060(ti).

Solution

TonyDexter

Reputable
Dec 5, 2019
I think you should either wait for black friday discounts, also reinforced by the fact that the 30xx series comes out by that time. Or you should wait for the same couple of months and wait for people to buy 30xx GPU and be willing to offload their 20xx used cards at bargain prices (and they would be still at a warranty I guess?).

Reactions: raystorm79

raystorm79

Honorable
Oct 1, 2015
absolutely not.

Thanks ! yeah when they roll out 3060 then all the 2000 series gpu will defintely drop price like crazy, i assume hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.