[SOLVED] Is it a Gpu problem or PSU one ?

Apr 7, 2021
I had my pc for over 2 years now , my issues were a problem with a Gpu it was an Rtx 2060 gaming rev from gigabyte , and I bought a new one.
But same things that happened with my old Gpu (Gigabyte) happened with the new one(Asus Strix Rtx 2060S).
The problem that keep happening is a sudden black screen and the Gpu fans rev at 100% speed that didn't happen often with the old one cause it died not long after these problems.
This sudden black screen happens at anytime from gaming to browsing or watching a video , and the audio cuts off immediately.
So is this a problem from the Pcie slot or my power supply.
Note : My power supply is : P750GM
Edit : When the Old gpu got the issue I thought it was a driver issue reinstalled them and worked fine for the day after.
The electricity that runs in my home is fairly unstable from previous experiences with my other pcs.

Solution
I would personally not recommend the Gigabyte P750-GM, it may be appealing with the price but it is a low quality psu that others have complained too in the past. Not all PSUs are made equal I'm afraid.

Also if your electricity in your home is unstable, I would highly suggest using a voltage regulator in between your PC and your wall mains in order to protect your PC from electrical surges. UPS is the recommended choice as modern UPS always have a voltage regulator in built to them and allows you to save your work after a couple of minutes before shutting down.
I would personally not recommend the Gigabyte P750-GM, it may be appealing with the price but it is a low quality psu that others have complained too in the past. Not all PSUs are made equal I'm afraid.

Also if your electricity in your home is unstable, I would highly suggest using a voltage regulator in between your PC and your wall mains in order to protect your PC from electrical surges. UPS is the recommended choice as modern UPS always have a voltage regulator in built to them and allows you to save your work after a couple of minutes before shutting down.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution
Since you changed graphics cards, you can expect that graphics is not the cause of your problem.
I would suspect the psu, particularly since it may have to deal with unstable power.

if you can, buy a good UPS that can condition your power and run the pc for perhaps 5 minutes.
That should let you ride through episodes of flaky power.

The only way to tell if a psu is the problem is to replace it with a quality unit of sufficient power.
If you can borrow one, good.
Otherwise buy a quality replacement from a shop with a good return policy.
Expect to pay 15% restocking fee.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Apr 7, 2021

Thank you for the advice I will get myself a UPS <3

D

Deleted member 2720853

Change that PSU, it's awful. Seasonic Focus GX-750, Corsair RM750x (2018) and EVGA SuperNova G2 750W are all good replacements.

A good UPS with AVR is also a great idea. I'm running a CyberPower CP1500EPFCLCD on mine. No complaints.

TRENDING THREADS