is it a problem to have two hard drives with same model and size ?

CEALOA

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2014
is it a problem to have two hard drives with same model and size i have two hard drives

one is 500GB and the other is 1tb from western digital and i will get another one same as the 1tb

the model of it is WD EZEX 1tb blue i will run three hard drives that will be a problem too ? should i

remove one or connected the three of them ? i have motherboard ports for sata also and psu wire

for more ports for hdd or cd writer

ty

Solution
I don't really understand why you would think there could be the problem, maybe because of a possible conflict by being the same kind? If that's your concern, then no. The only "issue" is that you will have to rely on the serial number and/or port to identify which is being used on the software.

CircuitDaemon

Honorable
Feb 23, 2016
I don't really understand why you would think there could be the problem, maybe because of a possible conflict by being the same kind? If that's your concern, then no. The only "issue" is that you will have to rely on the serial number and/or port to identify which is being used on the software.

Solution
[strike]If I understand your question, you're asking if different model and sizes of HDD will work with each other, to which I answer: yeah dude you're good.

I have a WD blue HDD, Kingston SSD, and Samsung SSD, and they work fine together.

The only time different sizes and models matters is if you intend to do a RAID setup. You want to use the same model and sizes for that. I actually don't even think it'll work if you don't do at least that.

[/strike]

Upon rereading, I don't think I understand the question.

CircuitDaemon

Honorable
Feb 23, 2016

RAID will work with any drives combination you throw at it. The thing is, if you mix different models and brands, they all behave differently. As RAID depends on all of them working together, the logical recommendation is for all of them to be the same model within each array. That way you get the best possible performance instead of having one of the drives be bottlenecked by another.

CEALOA

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2014

yea i though the os will be confused thanks

sorry about my english , thats my question , Thanks very much i got it now