sylex1

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2016
Hi there guys!
So i've been using a PC since I was 10 or less.
I had a few MacBook in the past years and they felt comfy, but i always returned to PC because of gaming.
I built a High End Gaming PC in 2019 Q3 but now i'm just not playing that much.
I have a new company notebook (Dell G5 maxed out) so the thing is I can play almost any games on it if I want to.
2060 is not a 2080 Ti for sure, but it almost handles everything I play, like LoL and PUBG or CS:GO most.
So my question is i have a trade opportunity for the latest 2019 16" MacBook Pro basic modell.
I have all Apple products except the Mac series.
I want to do some PS work and i really want to try video editing. The thing is I did lot of research of the area and 80% says MacOS is much more comfortable for these things then Windows.
What you think should I take the deal?

Solution
Nah you got me wrong.
I will keep my G5 anyway.
I have a High End PC for gaming thats what I'm thinking about exchange for a MBp 16'.
If you're willing to pay for final cut i'd take the mac for editing and it has an accurate display with a lot of colour profiles for photoshop. Plus MacOS is a much more stable day to day OS for general use computing. Most of what I do on my MacBook pro I could do on an air without stretching that.
The i7 9750 in the G5 is very powerful, far better than the entry level MacBook Pro’s. You will also be sacrificing your gaming. While many say they prefer MacOS that doesn’t mean Windows is bad or can’t be used. This is going to be a personal choice with no right or wrong answer. My opinion is keep the G5.

Nah you got me wrong.
I will keep my G5 anyway.
I have a High End PC for gaming thats what I'm thinking about exchange for a MBp 16'.
If you're willing to pay for final cut i'd take the mac for editing and it has an accurate display with a lot of colour profiles for photoshop. Plus MacOS is a much more stable day to day OS for general use computing. Most of what I do on my MacBook pro I could do on an air without stretching that.

Solution