Is it bad to keep pc components in bubble wrapper?

Nahuelic12

Reputable
Dec 30, 2016
I have my graphics card in this bubble wrapper bag that is the same size as the graphics card and i was wondering if it's bad for it or could cause some static.

Solution
No static worries and pertaining to the above comment about degrading or getting sticky, if it's stored out of light and in a cool dry area, it can stay in there indefinitely. Of course the best solution is storing components in their original anti-static foil wrapper from the factory. This is why I always keep my packaging materials including original box for my hardware. Drives my wife nuts, but she knows how anal I am about it. Also helps with resale value having original packaging should you want to sell your unused hardware. I've done plenty of it with success on Craig's List.
No static worries and pertaining to the above comment about degrading or getting sticky, if it's stored out of light and in a cool dry area, it can stay in there indefinitely. Of course the best solution is storing components in their original anti-static foil wrapper from the factory. This is why I always keep my packaging materials including original box for my hardware. Drives my wife nuts, but she knows how anal I am about it. Also helps with resale value having original packaging should you want to sell your unused hardware. I've done plenty of it with success on Craig's List.

Solution