Is it better than the Sapphire version?

badea_alexandru01

Commendable
Dec 24, 2017
Is this card: ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 560 better than Sapphire Radeon RX 560 PULSE? Considering it's price it should be better, but im confused... i dont know which one should i buy..

Solution

PCI-e is fully backwards compatible. I'm currently running a PCI-e 3.0 card in a PCI-e 1.1 slot on my alternate computer. The difference between the versions is the bandwidth, but a card like the 560 shouldn't be impacted at all in a 2.0 slot.

As for the ASUS having less SP's, I don't think there is any way to tell without it being specified by the retailer. AMD is supposedly trying to correct this issue, so I'd check the specs on the listings. All things being equal, I stand by my previous recommendation. Yes, fewer SP's will have lower performance, however, at this time, we do not know how much of a difference there is....I don't think anyone has done a benchmark comparison.

ASUS and Sapphire...

badea_alexandru01

Commendable
Dec 24, 2017
I heard that ASUS has less Stream Processors than RX 560 sapphire is it true, does it make any difference in performance? I don't really care about the RGB and stuff, i just want it to run well, like gta v at 60 fps,

MERGED QUESTION
Question from badea_alexandru01 : "Which one is better? RX560"

PCI-e is fully backwards compatible. I'm currently running a PCI-e 3.0 card in a PCI-e 1.1 slot on my alternate computer. The difference between the versions is the bandwidth, but a card like the 560 shouldn't be impacted at all in a 2.0 slot.

As for the ASUS having less SP's, I don't think there is any way to tell without it being specified by the retailer. AMD is supposedly trying to correct this issue, so I'd check the specs on the listings. All things being equal, I stand by my previous recommendation. Yes, fewer SP's will have lower performance, however, at this time, we do not know how much of a difference there is....I don't think anyone has done a benchmark comparison.

ASUS and Sapphire are actually considered the best of the AMD's cards and have reputations for quality and customer service. But as of yet, no GPU partner has given people that bought the lower SP models any recourse.

If you provide the links to the cards you are looking at, we might be able to better answer the SP question better.

Solution

badea_alexandru01

Commendable
Dec 24, 2017
ASUS: https://altex.ro/placa-video-asus-rog-strix-radeon-rx-560-o4g-evo-gaming-oc-edition-4gb-gddr5-128bit-rx560-o4g-evo-gaming/
SAPPHIRE: https://www.pcgarage.ro/placi-video/sapphire/radeon-rx-560-pulse-2gb-ddr5-128-bit-lite/
Look at the specs on these sites, they say the graphic cards have both 896 SP, but i dont know if its fake news or its for real, can u check it out?