is it better to do classic gaming on old gaming PC or newer gaming pc

It depends entirely on what exactly you mean by classic gaming.

If it's something that's going to have compatibility issues on a modern operating system, it's better to do it on an old PC, or on an old operating system running in a virtual machine.

If you're talking about just old games though, from the ~2000's era, then a new PC will do just fine.

Well, if you're talking about a DOS game, that's going to require a DOS emulator anyways.

Certain older games aren't going to run on modern computers, but that extends even so far as to what you probably have as as an "older" computer.

Do you have any specific games you're interested in? I could probably tell you if it's possible to get them running.

For the most part, there isn't going to be a big difference between running them on a new or old computer.

thewarriors129

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
No thanks, but I was thinking about selling my old gameing PC and play my old PC games on a modern PC but My newer PC doesnt have a floppy disk drive even tho it has a slot for floppy disk drive its to bad they dont make floppy disk drive for sata

thewarriors129

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
Not just floppy disk it can be a CD ROM it doesnt matter I just like classic PC games and new games but im trying to find out if I should sell my old gameing PC and use my newer PC to do classic gaming or what

TRENDING THREADS