Is it better to have a integrated graphics in mobo?

Solution
Getting the board with the GPU won't hurt anything, they're just saying that you shouldn't expect to game using the on-board GPU. It's nice to have as a backup in case you have a problem with your dedicated GPU. On-board GPU's work fine for office type work and watching DVD's and TV, but they're not made for gaming.

sphinxx187

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
hello, thanx for reply.

I'm trying to build a budget gaming system. since I'm on a budget, I wanted to get a mobo with g-card in it so I can get a better g-card later, is this good mobo for that? also when I add another card does it have more performance?. thanx for any help.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Well, as I said, it's nice to have for troubleshooting purposes, but in this case, you will definitely want to go with a dedicated graphics card regardless of which motherboard you get. On-board chipsets are not intended to be used for gaming (other than winmine and solitaire).

-Wolf sends

brown63

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Since gaming is your direction, dedicated graphics card is a must. The 770 board will pair nicley with the Phenom II X3/X4. Think Tom's actually did a review of the 770 where is was better than the 780 chip from a gaming performance perspective, but I notice you have stated the 785. The extra saving could go into a better video card.

Getting the board with the GPU won't hurt anything, they're just saying that you shouldn't expect to game using the on-board GPU. It's nice to have as a backup in case you have a problem with your dedicated GPU. On-board GPU's work fine for office type work and watching DVD's and TV, but they're not made for gaming.

Solution