[SOLVED] Is it better to unistall the gpu drivers with DDU or from control panel !!! Help

Harbintatamata

Prominent
Jun 20, 2020
Hello guys, recently im trying to upgrade (change) my gpu, but ive heard rumors that its better and necessary to unistall the old drivers first just in case it wont cause any issue in the future with the leftover of the old gpu on your computer. But i have a question because im doing this upgrade by myself, im building a pc and im changing some parts as well like the PSU and GPU. (im upgrading from gtx 650 to gtx 1660)... So ive seen a lot of videos about unistalling the old drivers with DDU and just by using control panel unistallcategory. I need to be aware of because i dont wanna face any problems in the way. Do i really need to use DDU? Or can i just unistall the specific nvidia drivers from control panel. Thanks.

Solution
Sorry to annoy you but one last question since you know how this goes through. Thank you so much for your replies i do really appreciate it.... I just a walkthrough here, a guide you know how to do it. I simply know how but just asking. I need first to enter safe mode, unistall the drivers with ddu and shut down the pc, after shutting down the pc i change the gpu, turn on my computer and install the latest drivers of that specific card. Is that all that i should be aware of? Thank you again.

I install the DDU first and then restart and go into safe mode and use DDU to remove all drivers. Then shut down and remove GPU and install the new GPU and download the new drivers!

Harbintatamata

Prominent
Jun 20, 2020
Using safe mode will just be an clean unstall for your GPU drivers and stops auto download drivers again.
Sorry to annoy you but one last question since you know how this goes through. Thank you so much for your replies i do really appreciate it.... I just a walkthrough here, a guide you know how to do it. I simply know how but just asking. I need first to enter safe mode, unistall the drivers with ddu and shut down the pc, after shutting down the pc i change the gpu, turn on my computer and install the latest drivers of that specific card. Is that all that i should be aware of? Thank you again.

I install the DDU first and then restart and go into safe mode and use DDU to remove all drivers. Then shut down and remove GPU and install the new GPU and download the new drivers!

Solution