Is it better to use Windows 10 Home or get the 2018 Update version?

Solution

It is the same.
If you download the MediaCreation tool today, and make your own USB...it is whatever is current from MS. The 1803 release.

Have the "issues" been fixed? There are "issues" with every single OS release, from everyone who makes an OS.
Since the very first OS was ever released.
Microsoft, Apple, Linux, Unix, BeOS, CP/M, DOS, whatever...all of them.

The vast majority of systems experience no "issues" at all. None.
All of my systems (including the Win 10 VM's) except 2 are updated to the very...

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Thanks. On the net, some people mentioned that there are issues with the 2018 update. Not sure if they have been fixed. In one local retailer, they are selling the 2018 Update version (in USB format) at good price.

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
I only have Windows 7 installed on an old computer. Can I download the new free media creation tool and then make the updated usb stick? If the issues with the 2018 update have been resolved, perhaps buy the usb stick version?

USAFRet

Titan

It is the same.
If you download the MediaCreation tool today, and make your own USB...it is whatever is current from MS. The 1803 release.

Have the "issues" been fixed? There are "issues" with every single OS release, from everyone who makes an OS.
Since the very first OS was ever released.
Microsoft, Apple, Linux, Unix, BeOS, CP/M, DOS, whatever...all of them.

The vast majority of systems experience no "issues" at all. None.
All of my systems (including the Win 10 VM's) except 2 are updated to the very latest Win 10. Zero issues.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

There is no specific 'version' called "2018 Update" for sale that differentiates between what was available 2 weeks ago. That store may be pulling a fast one.
How much are they selling it for?

As far as I know (I did this a month ago) the free update from win7 to win10 is still working (assuming your win7 is activated). No need to download the media creation tool or buy anything.

USAFRet

Titan

In the context of a brand new system, you'd want a full OS install. MediaCreation tool, and make a USB install.