Prominent
Jul 21, 2017
http://tinypic.com/r/72g5y9/9

Specs
Ryzen 5 2400g

Gigabyte aorus elite b450

1TB HDD

8gb Ram DDR4 3000mhz Corsair

Please click the link above and let me know if that power supply is enough to power the above config

I will be adding 1060 to it so I know it’s not compatible with that psu so for now leave 1060 and let me know if that psu is enough ?....btw how much watt is it ....it came with the cabinet and I’m in for a massive upgrade so was thinking till I have some dollars can I use that psu

bignastyid

Titan
It is advertised as a 400w PSU but can't deliver even half of that where it counts as it's only rated for 14a(168w) on the 12v rail(most important rail). Plus Circle quality is garbage. Skimping on the PSU quality is never a good idea. In all honesty that PSU belongs in a recycle bin.

Firstly, it's a really low quality power supply(junk). Spec sheet says it's a "400W" unit, but judging by the power output on the 12V is a really old design.
With an output of 168W (maybe less since it's crappy) on the 12V rail I wouldn't recommend running anything on it.
You could potentially use it(light workloads) until you buy your new GPU.
Don't even think using it with the 1060 please.

ishaan.iks

Great
Oct 25, 2018
Hi,

You have Circle 400 Watts Powersupply unit.(From the picture u linked above)

You need atleast 550watts psu for running 1060 smoothly.I would prefer you get a corsair 550w or 650w.

In longer run and for long life of components and a good warranty try to get PSU with 80+Gold certification

https://www.primeabgb.com/buy-online-price-india/power-supplies-smps/

Have a look at this PSU: https://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/antec-ea550g-pro-550w-80-plus-gold-certification-semi-modular-psu/

550 Watts is minimum you require to run a gtx1060 smoothly without any crash and at 100%.650 Watts is a bit too much.

Try : https://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/antec-ea550g-pro-550w-80-plus-gold-certification-semi-modular-psu/

Its only 5.5k INR and offers 80+gold certification and 3 years warranty.

Dont even think to run gtx1060 on it otherwise u will risk your pc components.

Thank you,
Ishaan

That is a PSU that should never have been built in the first place. It is one of those super cheap POS out there than can quite literally burn your house down. The quality is so low that electrical fires are not that uncommon with these. Plus 1 year warranty...no self respecting PSU company would ever give their product such a short warranty. If you have the money for it get a Seasonic Focus Gold 550W or Focus+ Gold 550W PSU.

Dhruvsharma051999

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017
I just purchased everything stated in the specs but I thought that it’s 400w and didn’t buy a psu I literally have no cash on me for at least few months I have used up my savings so can I at least run it play on apu till I can buy a good one don’t worry about 1060 I haven’t purchased it yet so technically don’t consider it

bignastyid

Titan

Most systems with a GTX 1060 will easily work with a good quality 400w(what Nvidia has posted as the minimum reccomened PSU size) PSU. Not sure where you got a 550w minimum but it is incorrect
Even the aftermarket factory OC'd cards don't need that much.

The Gold certification is NOT a measure of build quality or life expectancy, it is only a measure of power effciency. There are gold rated PSUs that are garbage.

The Corsair VS series(while better than anything Circle) is not a reliable PSU.

bignastyid

Titan

That PSU is a potential danger to the other components at anyload.

Not just the other components but his/her home as well.

Wolfshadw

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Dhruvsharma051999 : "is this correct ?"

Wolfshadw

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Dhruvsharma051999 : "Recommend me a good config in my budget"

Status
Not open for further replies.