[SOLVED] Is it common that just the scroll wheel of mouse doesn't work?

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
my wireless mouse, which is by Ms, all keys are working perfectly except the scrolling bar, it doesn't work
Is it common that all other keys are working but only the scrolling bar gets wrong? Or is it likely software
problem? because from time to time I experience this.....

Solution
I had two mouses in the past that their scroll wheel failed (or I believe to have failed) first, before other keys, is it normal that scroll wheel fails first??

Seems to be, on the mice I have that is the most common issue that I see with them, click or scroll stats to act up. I don't think I remember a mouse I used that had a main button fail on it or the sensor fail, only one that did was after my kids borrowed it.

USAFRet

Titan
my wireless mouse, which is by Ms, all keys are working perfectly except the scrolling bar, it doesn't work
Is it common that all other keys are working but only the scrolling bar gets wrong? Or is it likely software
problem? because from time to time I experience this.....
It is likely a physical issue with the scroll wheel and sensor. One of my Logitechs had that problem recently.

How old is this rodent?

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
It is likely a physical issue with the scroll wheel and sensor. One of my Logitechs had that problem recently.

How old is this rodent?

4 years.. Microsoft , bought for $19.99 something. In the past the scroll wheel sometimes didn't work but this time after restart and restart it still doesn't work

another wireless mouse of mine (which serves as backup solution) which is by Logitech is now working perfectly, but it is one year older than the Microsoft one, is it due to heavy use or quality difference?

I had two mouses in the past that their scroll wheel failed (or I believe to have failed) first, before other keys, is it normal that scroll wheel fails first??

Seems to be, on the mice I have that is the most common issue that I see with them, click or scroll stats to act up. I don't think I remember a mouse I used that had a main button fail on it or the sensor fail, only one that did was after my kids borrowed it.

Solution