IS IT COMPATIBLE? Gigabyte Radeon RX 560 Gaming OC 4GB

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

badea_alexandru01

Commendable
Dec 24, 2017
Hello!

I'm looking forward to buy a new graphic card since the one i have at the moment is not working anymore. I watched a lot of youtube videos i read a lot of topics and i've came with the conclusion that this is the best graphic card I can get in my budget: https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-RX560GAMING-OC-4GD-rev-10#sp

I'm talking about Gigabyte Radeon RX 560 Gaming OC 4GB GDDR5 128 bit

I'm not really sure how compatibility beetween my pc's configuration and the graphic card work so im here to ask you if it is compatible with my actual configuration:

I have a Corsair TX650 (so 650w) with x6 pin connector included
Processor AMD Phenom II x6 2,80ghz
8 GB RAM 1333 freq.
500gb hard
MOTHERBOARD: I think it is MSI 770-G45: https://www.cnet.com/products/msi-770-g45-motherboard-atx-socket-am3-amd-770/specs/
It looks 95% exactly like my motherboard but i couldnt find the exact model, anyways im pretty sure it is PCI Express 16x 2.0

So can you tell me what should i look for when we are talking about compatibility?
All I know is that even if the card i want to buy is on x16 3.0 will work on a x16 2.0 motherboard.

If the motherboard is MSI i shouldnt buy a MSI graphic card only, right?Because this one is Gigabyte, i think and hope it will work anyways.

Reactions: legis

badea_alexandru01

Commendable
Dec 24, 2017
I'm here with another small issue, on GTA V i have more FPS on very high settings than I have on low settings and resolutin 800x600, that's because my CPU is always at 80% or more and the GPU is used less any advice on how to fix this?I mean i have 30 fps on low and like 50 fps on veryhigh, that's weird

badea_alexandru01

Commendable
Dec 24, 2017

Haha, you were right, after a few months of having the rx 560, it's true the cpu bottlenecks the gpu, and it sucks.

Yeah i know the feeling. I had some bottleneck with my i5, so i went to i7. It will be like that for cpu heavy games, but others will play nice. Save some money and change platform since prices will begin to calm down. Ryzen 1XXX will be cheaper after the introduction of 2XXX series and they are perfect for gaming