[SOLVED] Is it dangerous if shattered tempered glass entering gpu ?

Aug 13, 2019
Hello.. my pc case tempered glass shattered today.. im worried about my gpu.. i dont want the shattered tempered glass entering the gpu while it working.. q.q

Solution
How fragile is graphic card let just say if i clean all of the components, but there still a tiny shard left inside, is it gonna cause damage ?

if you are that worried you could just disassemble entire card, clean it thoroughly, apply new paste, reassemble.

glass wont hurt GPU's performance directly.

The worst it can do is:

a) enter fans bearing and gradually lower their life (not really major tbh)
b) fling glass particles into air of case that have a very very very slim chance to be ejected and breathed in by you and destroy your lungs. (dont worry this is extremely unlikely to point its ignorable)
Remove all the glass you can by hand, then remove the rest with compressed air (preferably outside somewhere where glass shards wont impact anyone, and certainly not indoors).
If you do that, it should be fine. Youll want to clean the whole PC depending how bad the break was.

Most likely not, the worst that could happen is it getting lodged into a fan/fan bearing which would be pretty obvious.
Chances are if there are any tiny shards left inside they will get blown back into the case when the GPU turns on its fans. (This is why I recommend compressed air cleaning)

Reactions: Tarmizi Setamam
How fragile is graphic card let just say if i clean all of the components, but there still a tiny shard left inside, is it gonna cause damage ?

if you are that worried you could just disassemble entire card, clean it thoroughly, apply new paste, reassemble.

glass wont hurt GPU's performance directly.

The worst it can do is:

a) enter fans bearing and gradually lower their life (not really major tbh)
b) fling glass particles into air of case that have a very very very slim chance to be ejected and breathed in by you and destroy your lungs. (dont worry this is extremely unlikely to point its ignorable)

Reactions: Tarmizi Setamam
Solution
Aug 13, 2019
Ty for replying to me guys, should i be worried about my motherboard and stock cooler fan from amd too ? And should i try open my pc and turns the fan on, i didnt have compressed air yet or should i wait first ?