[SOLVED] Is it dead ? please i need a quick reply

Jun 7, 2020
hi,
this morning was trying to start the pc but it wont start up 'the mother board' . As soon as i plug the power cabel to the psu this part 'here' of the motherboard gets overheated

well, i just want to know if it's dead or no
thank you for reading this

Solution
You can test the PSU with a small piece of wire check it out on the net. if your PSU is really old maybe its time for a new one.
May 16, 2020
You can test the PSU with a small piece of wire check it out on the net. if your PSU is really old maybe its time for a new one.

Solution
May 16, 2020
No.
That merely shows that the PSU can sort of power itself.
Like if you get in the car and turn the key. The dashboard lights come on. Says nothing about the engine and transmission actually working.

Good to know thanks Ret. My PSU operated through the method I stated however I was still sure something was busted with it.

Jun 7, 2020
No.
That merely shows that the PSU can sort of power itself.
Like if you get in the car and turn the key. The dashboard lights come on. Says nothing about the engine and transmission actually working.
that tiny part of the motherboard called SUPER I/O this, the electricity went off and cmae back then the pc never started again it got shorted out
as soon as i plug the power cable to the power supply that tiny thing gets overheated (more then 50°)
so im buying a new motherboard

ty all who replied here

Reactions: Mick19
May 16, 2020
that tiny part of the motherboard called SUPER I/O this, the electricity went off and cmae back then the pc never started again it got shorted out
as soon as i plug the power cable to the power supply that tiny thing gets overheated (more then 50°)
so im buying a new motherboard

ty all who replied here

Hope you get it sorted :)

TRENDING THREADS