Is it DSLR, CF card, or computer program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Heart

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013
Camera: Canon Rebel XTi
Card: Lexar Po 800x Compact Flash
Computer: 2.70 GHz CPU
Question: When I take photos in the Sport/Action (?) mode on the camera, then try to upload I get an Error with each photo take in this mode; all other pix are great. What is missing that these pix in Sport/Action Mode are impossible to upload? What do I need?

Solution
The camera writes to its internal buffer first. Than and only then does it attempt to write to the card. Faster cards can be written to faster.

Basically all that means is shorter time between shots.

Still, try another card. Eliminate the cheapest/easiest part of the chain first.

Happy Heart

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013

This card is actually a new replacement card; the old card was a 80x and I thought that was why the photos were having errors. I thought (based on my evident misunderstanding of what those numbers on the cards mean) that a new card with a higher number meant the cards upload would be faster and that a faster upload meant it was better capable of handling those Sport/Action (fast) shots. I guess that only makes sense in my head.

USAFRet

Titan
The camera writes to its internal buffer first. Than and only then does it attempt to write to the card. Faster cards can be written to faster.

Basically all that means is shorter time between shots.

Still, try another card. Eliminate the cheapest/easiest part of the chain first.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.