Question Is it due to bad sensor design that make high CPU temperature?

Apr 9, 2022
My PC's spec:
CPU: I5 11400
MB: Gigabyte Auros Elite B560M
GPU: AORUS GeForce® GTX 1660 SUPER™ 6G
PSU: Cooler master 600w v3 elite.
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-D15

BIOS: F7_ uptodate

In my experiment,
  1. I change Power option in Window 11 Control panel. First one_Power Saving_ Max 40% CPU. Second one_ Balance_ Max 99% CPU_which is at 2.59GHz. Final one_ Performance_ Max 100%CPU_ which is at 4.17GHz allcore.
  2. I change Power option randomly like First then Final, Final then First. Sometimes I try Balance one.
  3. Then I see, The heat change incredibly fast. The first one_ stress test shows ~41'C. The second one_ shows ~47'C. The final one_ shows ~62'C. The environment temp is about 35'C. All options at nothing stress is about 40-47'C
  4. During stress test, I change between the power options. And The SIV( system information viewer of gigabyte app) shows the heat at ~41'C or ~62'C imediately when I change the option randomly by the First and Final one, shows WITHOUT any middle point heat.
I wonder if either bad sensor PCB design on the motherboard that being affected by Vcore or some else reasons? which means the heat is absolutely not true and being bad result for high end CPU?

1. During stress test, I change between the power options. And The SIV( system information viewer of gigabyte app) shows the heat at ~41'C or ~62'C imediately when I change the option randomly by the First and Final one, shows WITHOUT any middle point heat.
If this tool reports temps one time per second ( as is usual) it is just missing all the in between, the changes are very quick because you run the stress test that will always use the maximum amount of power/heat.

TRENDING THREADS